Pet Wellness is Our Priority
Help fortify your pet's immune system against infection and possible life-threatening diseases with pet vaccinations (sometimes referred to as immunizations). We recommend having your dog or cat vaccinated on a regular schedule and at every life stage. When vaccinated, your pet will be much better equipped to deal with exposure to harmful diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and influenza.
Faulkner Animal Hospital is dedicated to offering our clients and their pets an affordable preventive care plan that keeps your companion healthy for many years to come.
VACCINES THAT WE RECOMMEND FOR OUR PATIENTS
Rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvo, and parainfluenza are part of the core immunization category, which means they're essential to your dog's health. There are certain vaccines that every dog needs, in addition to optional vaccines given based on risk level and lifestyle. We'll help you decide what your pets need.
If your cat lives indoors, that doesn't mean that he or she is safe from infection or infestation of parasites. We, as humans, unknowingly carry harmful bacteria and viruses with us into our homes, exposing our felines to risk.
Our recommended vaccines for cats, both indoor and outdoor, include:
- Panleukopenia (feline distemper)
- Feline leukemia
Is it time for your pet's exam? Come see us!
Why Pets Need to Have Yearly Checkups
Prevention is the key to better health. Due to their much shorter lifespans, having a yearly check-up plays a big role in helping your dog or cat thrive for a maximum amount of time.
In addition to getting to know you, these regular check-ups also give us time to get to know your pet, their habits, and their needs on a personalized level.
During an exam:
- One of our veterinarians will check your pet over to look for unusual changes
- We'll test your pet's blood and fecal matter to screen for parasites, illness, and other issues your pet can't tell us about
- We'll vaccinate your pet to increase their disease immunity
- We'll prescribe a flea, tick, and heartworm preventative for your pet to stave off parasites
- We'll help you evaluate your pet's current diet, behavior, and activity levels, and offer recommendations for improvement